3,000

This is blog post 3,000.  It seems like yesterday when I hit 2,000 on January 20, 2019.  1,000 came near four years earlier, May 30, 2015.
 
The first blog published July 21, 2012.  We are essentially one month shy of the blog's 11th year, so let's says this ends the first 131 months of They Used to Call Me Pointdexter.  
 
That's an average of 23 blogs every month.
 
When I started on a warm summer day in Indianapolis, I was hoping for a couple years but I didn't have a feel for the act of blogging.
 
It turns out, I am a blogger.  You, my friend, apparently like reading blog posts.  If you've read 100 of these posts, thank you.  If you've read half, 1,500 blogs, bless you!  Several of you have probably read nearly all, if not every one, if that's the case, I bet you could fill in for me some time!
 
The latest statistics indicate there have been 244,000 views of the blog.
 
You are part of an 'exclusive' internet club.  Nearly every blog registers 20 views, and there are some days that register more visits than usual.  There were three days when the blog received more than 4,000 visits - October 31, 2015; February 29, 2016; and January 31, 2017.  The biggest single day happened this year, May 31 registered 5,464 visits!

The three most-read blogs each have more than 150 visits.

Discipline - Punishment has more than 260 views.  It was posted in 2016 but most of the views have happened within the last two years.  My guess is that for people online looking for commentary on discipline and/or punishment, this is not the blog they were looking for.

The Wright Stuff is also from 2016 with 155 views.  It chronicles a ride through west Dane county and east Iowa county, which has quite few rolling hills.  The ride was known as the Wright Century, and I don't believe it is organized any more.

Back to Donutland posted in July 2022 and got all of its more than 150 views within its first 30 days online.  I wrote about the small donut shop in Cedar Rapids as one of the last few with that name, my Dad and I used to make Saturday morning trips to Donutland for the family breakfast.

Red Mill Bridge, Waupaca WI
 Nine of the ten pages have more than 100 views.  My Covered Bridge Collection and Lighthouse Visits lead the way followed by Biking to Bucky on Parade and one of three blog stories, Life on the Farm - A Blog Story
 
 The top 5 countries represented on these pages are Germany (6.43K); France (8.56K); Russia (15.7K); Italy (33.2K) and the United States (147K).

 The numbers aren't the story, you are.

 Whether you read a number of posts each visit or faithfully check at 7:30 Central Time Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday for the latest, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and read.

 From 2013 through 2015 I posted every day.  I prefer posting regularly four days a week while occasionally adding a fifth or sixth day of content.  At that current rate, I'll get to post 4,000 early in 2027... thanks for reading and I'll see you then and along the way!

Comments