![]() |
| Sunrise from the Badger St. Trail. 9/12/2026 dwm |
I ate breakfast at the turn-around point in Stoughton, oatmeal with chocolate chips, toast, and chocolate milk. It was fortifying and provided energy for the trip home.
It was a relaxing weekend at home after that, other than the usual household chores.
While running errands, we noticed the route for the Ironman race's bike route was moved a couple blocks away from our place.
Since we bought our condo in 2015, it's a short walk to Cross Country Road, where we could watch the athletes on the second leg of the race. The riders go through Verona twice, but are farther apart on the second lap.
| Riders climb County Rd. M north of Verona. 9/13/26 dwm |
When I walked down to County M to take pictures, I appreciated the new look at IRONMAN with my camera (Check out Tuesday's blog for more photos).
The Green Bay Packer game left a lot to be desired. A good start put them on the board early in the game and the defense was playing well. But then we played the second half.
While the Vikings played well in the fourth quarter, it seemed their cause was helped by calls by the refs who called roughing the passer on the Packer defense, but didn't see the same infraction when it was the Green Bay quarterback, Jordan Love, getting hit.
Minnesota won 39 - 22, fighting back from a 12-point deficit. It's as ugly a loss for an opening game you can have; we will certainly see about the team's collective character after this - next Sunday can't come soon enough to prove they are better than what they showed Sunday.
Since moving into our new office, I've had computer issues. For some reason, I'm not able to access folders holding documents, which makes it difficult to do much. This happened the first time a week ago, it was fixed and worked well Monday when I was on the east campus. When I returned to the new office on the west side, I noticed the Intranet wasn't accessible and under "This PC" icon I noticed red X's over each folder.
I reached out to our tech team, but no solution was found by the end of Tuesday, just word that the technical experts are escalating the issue so more of their people are looking to resolve the issue.
Thursday afternoon our tech person returned and was able to diagnosis the problem. In basic terms, my laptop using an Ethernet cable was unable to recognize the drivers holding my data because the system hadn't yet been configured. After 30 minutes, I was up and running. The test was Friday morning to whether it works after a re-start.
Everything in the laptop was working Friday, so it seemed like I was back to normal. I am able to send documents to our dedicated printer but for some reason it doesn't know to select the envelope tray when I want an address on an envelope. That's something to fix next week.

Comments
Post a Comment