Here's to the Chocolate Chip Cookie!

The chocolate chip cookie. 9/30/16 dwm
In the relatively short history of this blog (another subject for another time, perhaps) there have been two posts about the chocolate chip but not the chocolate chip cookie.

Chocolate Chip Day 2014 blog post

Chocolate Chip Day 2022 blog post 

The chip is celebrated every May 15, but the chocolate chip cookie, the most popular flavor of cookie in America, has been ignored.

So, here's to the chocolate chip cookie!

A stale chocolate chip cookie is better than any other cookie in my book. The best chocolate chip cookie is made from scratch in your own kitchen, if you can get a spoon of pre-baked cookie dough, it's a special treat.

I like short-bread chocolate chip cookies. I like a chocolate chip cookie with a slight crust, soft center, and a melting chip in the first bite.

Chips Ahoy are decent cookies, I have several packs in my desk right now. But I'll gladly take a fresh chocolate chip cookie and a cold glass of milk or dish of ice cream any time. 

Because it's getting national recognition today, I might eat two, thank you. 

Comments