My Week that Was - March 16

Early spring blooms. 3/11/2024 dwm
 The start of this last week was a lot different than the one before. It was cooler, enough to stay off the bike.

 At the gym, I ran three miles for the first time since before my bout with a kidney stone. It took a while to get there but I'm thankful for the results.

 Instead after breakfast I finally used the coupons I received after calling Schick to report a faulty can of shaving gel.  The two coupons covered the cost of one can and a dollar off a second one. 

 Spring ahead weekend used to be a day of action when the kids lived at home, now it's a day to remember. My fun is at the gym Sunday morning when I change their clocks. 

I enjoyed watching a series of games Sunday afternoon, catching pieces of the B1G women's championship game between Ohio State and Iowa, the Hawkeyes won in overtime. The Badgers played at Purdue. They were better than they played but it wasn't enough for a win.  Thankfully, the third game, my Drake Bulldogs playing Indiana State in the Missouri Valley Conference championship went to the good guys 84 - 80 in overtime.

Monday was warm and the first time this year I saw flowers blooming. There were several shoots of green coming out of the ground around the flowers but nothing else was close to flowering.

Wednesday we were part of the Cabaret on Oakwood's University Woods campus. I'd describe what we did as a 'live music video' without the production value. The song we interpreted is a classic hit by Darlene Love.

 
Thursday was my sixth pizza party of the year on our east campus - it was a fun evening with a good turnout and lots of questions. There are five parties left.

Friday I was busy writing thank you cards and signing thank you letters; wrapped around that were phone calls and nailing down details on upcoming projects.

It was a busy week - I'm ready for the weekend - I hope you get some rest and enjoy your new week!

Comments