The Week that Was - February 24

60-degree day in Madison. 2/22/2024 dwm
 I'm starting out of order because big news came on Monday.

 Before work I went to the U.W. Clinic downtown to get an x-ray and a urine test. It went smoothly and I was on my way to work in less than an hour.  It was after lunch when I got an unexpected call from the doctor's office, "We're cancelling your surgery. There is no sign of a kidney stone."

 I had felt remarkably better the prior Monday, February 12. Based on what I read about this ailment, I thought the lack of pain meant the stone reached the bladder. It didn't seem likely the stone's final trip would be unnoticed, so I didn't think I passed the rock.

There is no way to know when it exited but I'm thankful and blessed that it did. Thanks for your prayers, they were answered.

Back to Saturday, it was a quiet day, and with (at that time) a date with a surgeon less than a week away, I tried drinking more than usual  to flush the stone out. In the morning I walked just over an hour as I continued to build back to the routines I was doing before the stone.

Sunday I returned to church.  It was nice to see members of the congregation and worship in person for the first time in weeks. After church I organized tax information to deliver to our preparer.

More than a month ago, I stepped on my glasses.  I don't need the glasses to see close, so I set them down in those situations. Except this time, I set them down while I worked. When I finished I started up the steps until I heard the crushing metal.  The lenses survived but the frames are discontinued and I struck out looking for frames online.

Giving for the 133rd time. 2/23/24 dwm
I never ordered glasses online before, but thanks to my optician, I got the information to order the right pair.  I should have them before the next week ends.

Fortunately I still had a pair I wore before the pair I broke. The don't let me see as clearly but are usable.  I'll be glad to see the new pair arrive and if the measurements I used are the same as my head.

We had two spectacularly warm days Wednesday and Thursday when it reached 60 degrees.  The temperature dropped 30 degrees Friday, but it was still above normal.

Since I didn't have surgery, I went to the Red Cross. After the medical turmoil over the last few weeks I was determined to be less of a baby when it comes to the needle stick.  The person drawing blood did a nice job and I was able to scale back my reaction to an 'adult-level.'

Decatur Dairy's "On Wisconsin". 2/23/24 dwm
 It was a day off for me, so I ran an errand afterward, then Rhonda and I took a drive around Dane and Green Counties before ending up at our favorite dairy for grilled cheese sandwiches, the Decatur Dairy outside Brodhead.  

 It wasn't as crowded in the summer and felt like more locals were taking advantage of the melty goodness for a weekday lunch.  

 The prices are higher, but $5 for something this delicious and filling is amazing and worth a drive to Brodhead.

 I hope your week had good news of its own - God's blessings on your new week!

Comments