My Week that Was - October 15

A woolly bear caterpillar. 10/9/22 dwm
 My week started with a run on the treadmill, followed by breakfast at the Prairie Cafe, and then it was warm enough to get on the bike.
 
 Just in case you missed it, there is a blog about the weekend ride that posted Wednesday, I want to start this post with a furry tale.

 I was fascinated to see quite a few woolly bear caterpillars moving across the paved paths.  The woolly bear is black at both ends with a rusty brown band in the center.

 Legend has it that these fuzzy little critters predict the upcoming winter.  The longer the black bands, the colder, snowier, lengthier, and more severe the coming winter.  A wider brown band means a milder winter is coming.

 You might have to do more than take the caterpillar's picture because it has 13 body segments, like the 13 weeks of winter, which may give pin-point predictions.
 
The story is only that, the bands actually tell how much it fed and whether it was a good growing season.  It's still a good story, even if it is right only half the time.
 
Green Bay played early Sunday morning local time because they were playing in the afternoon in London.  The Packers got off to a great start, then were reeled in by the New York Giants who seemed to know the answers before the questions were asked.  The Packers flew home with their second loss, sleep-deprived, and hurting.  The team can't mope and whine now, the next game is their most important.
 
Autumn on the Yahara trail.
We're still a week or so from peak color in south Wisconsin but a strong breeze Tuesday created mini-showers of falling, swirling leaves.

Tuesday morning Oakwood did something called Infectionopoly, which offered flu shots, Covid-19 boosters, and the opportunity to complete several continuing education requirements.  I'm not able to get the latest version of the Covid shot yet but I'm thankful to get the flu shot.

Wednesday I spent most of the day on the phone, talking to donors and setting appointments.  
 
It was great to re-connect with several people, the highlight was a woman who told me she had been meaning to call when I called her.

Thursday, on my way home I saw a toad in the parking garage.  It probably hopped in through the garage door or maybe a drain pipe.  On the other hand, it may have parked there.

Friday I made progress on two writing projects and met with a colleague for lunch to talk shop and share ideas.  It's something that generates ideas and energy on new ways to approach raising funds.  Last evening at home, it was my turn to grab a paintbrush and cover the top of the walls in my home 'office.' 

It went well but there is a second coat in my future, probably to start the next week.  I hope that will be enough so I can move back in.

Enjoy your week!

Comments