My Week that Was - July 23

Flower - 7/14/2022 dwm photo

My week started with a foggy ride (see Tuesday's blog) which looped into Madison and around the south side of the city along the Fitchburg municipal line.

We enjoyed breakfast at the Prairie Cafe.  I went with my usual, chocolate and banana smoothie, pairing it with a couple slices of buttered toast.  I don't know if it's a better choice than a pancake but it did fill me up.

Most of the weekend was spent working on the blog, finishing the Billy Joel biography I was reading, and paying attention to a couple of games on TV, including a disappointing series by the Milwaukee Brewers.

Just to get my steps in, I walked home from Atkins Bike shop after dropping it off for service.  The two-miles (or more) walk pushed me past my daily goal of 12,000 steps.

It was our first donor event in three years Monday and it was successful.  Three dozen attendees enjoyed dinner, conversation, and a brief report on how their generosity has impacted life on the Oakwood campuses.  It was another step to normal.  Our last event was held just days before Covid-19 shut things down.  There are precautions, especially as new variants develop.  It seems like a good mix to me, making the best decisions possible while moving ahead.

A fun annual tradition. 7/21/2022 dwm

 Lunch Thursday was a picnic for all residents and staff on the University Woods campus (the same event was held Friday at Prairie Ridge).  It featured burgers, brats, a vegetarian alternative, and 12 selections of Chocolate Shoppe ice cream.  Each employee received a t-shirt and mug.

 Yet, while lunch was a hit, the special guests stole the show.  Bucky Badger and six members of the University of Wisconsin marched in playing a variety of fan favorites from "On Wisconsin" to "Varsity" to "You Said it All."

Bucky & friends entertained Oakwood. 7/21/22

 
It was fun and the weather cooperated, while it was warm, it was not oppressive. 

The presence of Bucky took the party up a couple notches as people sang and clapped along.  Many in the crowd are alumni, standing proud and swaying as Varsity played.

Friday I finished my required annual continuing education courses and a mail merge project which will be delivered next week.

It's time for the weekend, have a good one!

Comments