In a Fog

Can you see through the fog? 7/16/22
 The weekend forecast was hot and humid, so I wanted to get out early.  Early was cool (62) but humid as the air temperature and dew point were the same.

 It wasn't rain, more of a fine mist as the air turned liquid against my face and glasses.

 Sunday's route was a quick 30-mile ride downtown via the Southwest Commuter path, south on part of the Capital City trail, then west on the Capital City, Cannonball, and Military Ridge.

 While it was foggy and the air felt heavy, it wasn't difficult to see things a block or two away while almost impossible to make things out beyond that distance.

 I stopped in the median of West Washington Street to take a photo of the Capitol five blocks away (left).  A close look shows a shadow shaped like the dome and another to the right looks like a downtown building.

An early start meant an early finish, I was back in time to join my better half for breakfast and a few errands before heading home.  

From there I dropped the green-machine at Atkins Bike Shop so it will be clean and ready for the big ride next month.  In its current condition I can't count on the top gear, after a check they determined it's not the faulty chain (an expensive replacement on a recumbent).  It should be ready to ride again next weekend.

All photos taken by author.
 

Comments