Hello... again

Three years ago today, I posted my first blog to They used to call me Pointdexter.  

It hasn't taken the world by storm, but it is interesting to know people from around this planet have read posts intentionally or stumbled across the blog while searching for something else.

My original goal was to share stuff that's going on that perhaps you might find of interest and to share an opinion on some of the issues of the day.

Judging by the first blog, I realize that one of the ideas on my mind at the start, covered bridges, isn't something I've written about very much.  That could be with a move to Wisconsin, there aren't many here.  In a little research, I found only a handful of original bridges still standing.  So, perhaps I need to set my sights on locating those remaining.

I've noticed that food blogs and cafe/diner reviews seemed to generate the most traffic.  It's been fun writing those.  I'm not a qualified food critic, yet it's fun to share those thoughts with you.  My tastes in food lean toward everyday cuisine and presentation.  I like nice places, but it doesn't need to be pricey to get my attention.

Leading to other surprises in this three-year journey is the way Twitter and Facebook can spread the word on various topics.   The most-read posts took on a little life of their own as one person shared with another, then another, and so on.  It's an incentive to keep writing.

Years from now, I picture these posts taking up a small piece of the cyber-shelf.  Maybe they become answers to an internet search if the subjects match up or some keywords lead to a student wandering on the site and a topic they like.

More likely, and I'm honored if you choose to continue checking in from time to time, I'll keep posting.

Happy anniversary, readers!

Comments