![]() |
| The Glacial Drumlin trail. 9/5/2026 dwm |
rode 10 miles to the unincorporated community of London which sits on the Dane - Jefferson County line. I turned around in London and headed home for the second longest ride of the year.
Sunday, the Wisconsin Badgers had its first game against nationally ranked Fighting Irish from Notre Dame. The Badgers played well in the first half, but as the third quarter gave way to the fourth quarter they just couldn't stop the Irish.
While it was a decisive score I think this Badger team is better-equipped than last year's team to be competitive. The next two games Wisconsin will be expected to win, we'll get a better idea what the real Badgers are like when they take on teams from the B1G conference.
Monday, Labor Day, was wonderful. We didn't do much other than eat breakfast at the Hubbard Avenue Diner in Middleton, then headed home to take care of a few things before binging on several episodes of The West Wing. The thing I enjoyed most was having a third day of the weekend.
When I returned to the office on Madison's west-side there were a number of things to prepare in advance of moving our office a short distance off campus. For the first trip, we used a flat bed cart to move seven boxes to the new location. There are more boxes and pieces to move before we finish the move Friday.
The place we're leaving is fine but what the three of us missed most was sunshine. We couldn't see or experience rain or snow because the office had no windows. The new office faces north so we won't get direct sunlight, but the large window overlooking Mineral Point Road will show us what's happening outside.
The Brewers won all three games against the Cubs in the early part of the week, establishing a 10-game lead over the team in second place. Milwaukee has never won 100 games in a season, they have time to get there and that's probably what it will take to go into the post-season with more wins than any other team, giving them home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
![]() |
| My desk in the new office. 9/11/2026 dwm photo |
We have two of the six offices along the north wall. We are the center two spots. Large picture windows provide a full-color ever-changing look outside. There are several turkeys in the neighborhood, it's just a matter of time before we see one or more sauntering past the window.
While the north wall has a window, the south wall is a large plate of glass. Our office won't be incredibly busy but I'm guessing we'll adapt to feeling like animals behind the window.
I spent Thursday afternoon unloading boxes. Friday morning I was busy finding places for everything. Thankfully we have access to storage elsewhere in the building for the supplies we don't need now but will sometime in the next six months.
It was a good week. There was a lot going on, and after weeks of talking about and thinking about the new office, we moved in. Now that I'm not in the middle of resident apartments, it's on me to get out and be available for conversations; over the first two days I've noticed there is more ground to cover; I passed 20,000 steps on Thursday and Friday!
Thanks for reading - I appreciate it!

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment