The Week that Was - August 15

From the Capital City Trail. 6:13 am 8/8/26 dwm

We were going to State Fair Saturday but with a forecast of rain Sunday, I decided to get some miles in before we headed to West Allis.
 
It was a repeat of ride 10 in early June, when I rode 6 miles south on the Badger Trail from the Capital City trail until the pavement ends then double back.
 
Once I was back on the Capital City path, I headed toward McFarland, but this time turned around at Syene Road. 
 
Ride 22 - Tale of the Bike Computer:
Distance: 35 miles
Average: 16.2 mph 
Time in the Saddle: 2 hours, 10 minutes
 
America 250 Wheel. 8/8/26 dwm
 Next up, driving to West Allis for the 169th Wisconsin State Fair. You can read Tuesday's blog on the fair if you missed it.  
 
 One story that didn't get into Tuesday's blog was this memorable moment. 
 
 While perusing the calendar of activities at the fair, one thing caught my eye and made me think of dad.
 
 It was the schedule for the Milking Parlor:
 
 11 am     Cow Milking Demonstration
 1 pm     Bilingual Cow Milking Demonstration
 
 I'm sure dad would have agreed that seeing and hearing a bilingual cow would be more than worth the day's admission!
 
 On my way home Tuesday, I pulled up to a light where I waited for it to change, when I noticed a small tree frog on the windshield. It was small enough to sit on a quarter with room to spare.
 
I grabbed a napkin from the glove compartment to pick up the tiny frog and place it in a nearby flower bed. I hope it's OK; I'm sure it's better than if I left it on the windshield. When I got home I tried to guess what kind of frog this light green and blue creature was, and the best guess was that it was a Gray Tree frog. 
 
The last two days of the week were busy. Several writing projects are nearing deadline with more projects behind them. It was a good week.

Comments