![]() |
| On the Campus lake-side path. 8/23/26 dwm |
I wasn't planning to ride Sunday, but when my wife was asked to lunch she asked if I was planning to take a ride since it was a beautiful day.
30-minutes later, the tires were pumped and I was pedaling out the driveway trying to decide where to go.
A few minutes in, I thought about a ride last month, then thought to head up the Ice Age trail to the Beltline then make my way to the University of Wisconsin campus, up State Street, around the Capitol, and join the Capital State trail to ride around Lake Monona counter-clockwise.
It's been more than five years since I last rode next to Lake Mendota on campus and up State Street with the capitol basking in the sun.
Before I got to campus there was another bridge to cross. The bridge cost $1.8 million dollars, it's near the Veterans Administration and University of Wisconsin hospitals and carries walkers and bikes over busy University Bay Drive. (photos below)
It was built in 2023, making it one of the newest bridges dedicated to lift people safely over busy streets.
Tale of the Bike Computer:
Distance: 41 miles
Ave speed: 15.0 mph
Time in the saddle: 2 hours, 43 minutes
![]() |
| Approaching the bridge from the west. 8/23/26 dwm |
![]() |
| The bridge is parallel to University Avenue and a railroad track. 8/23/26 dwm |
![]() |
| Traffic into the area which has residential housing and 3 hospitals.8/23/26 dwm |





Comments
Post a Comment