![]() |
| The Illinois Capitol Dome. 7/25/26 dwm |
Saturday was our hottest day in Springfield. It rained for a while in the morning, then the rain slowly sizzled into the air adding humidity you could feel.
After my ride downtown Springfield I returned to the hotel to work on the blog and get things ready to pack for the trip home.
Our hotel was home away from home for three nights. One night we ate dinner at McAllister's Deli. It was one of our favorite places when we lived in Indianapolis. But for some reason this franchise hasn't made it to Wisconsin.
Sunday morning we went to church outside Springfield where my sister-in-law is pastor. It's a nice church and she did a nice job.
After the service it was time to head home. Originally, the forecast called for storms but we made the entire trip with mostly cloudy skies.
Monday was my last day off until Labor Day marks the meteorological end of summer. It was very warm, the overnight low Sunday night into Monday morning was in the 80s! The humidity made it feel like a sauna.
While the eastern sections of Wisconsin experienced severe weather, Madison wasn't hit with storms or rain. The front did pass through bringing lower temperatures and significantly less humidity.
Tuesday and Wednesday were busy days at the office. I'm still getting used to the new phone I dial with a mouse and a laptop computer. The headset has two headphones and a microphone. It's strange not to hear my voice in the headphones but as long people understand me, we're fine. I've only made ten calls with it so far, so I'm not used to it yet.
Wednesday was our oldest child's birthday. It's hard to believe it was 39 years ago when we became a family.
After a miserable Monday, the weather improved each day through Thursday. Rain was in the forecast Friday and southern Wisconsin certainly needs it.
It was time to give blood again Friday morning. It was my 148th time, but more important was a streak of two and if it might become a streak of three. When I gave blood on March 6, I asked the person poking me how to get past the pain.
Their suggestion was to change my focus. Passing the right foot over the left foot then the left over the right while laying on a cot is difficult because you have to think about it. That's the distraction to take my mind off any pain.
That's it. Yesterday was the third straight time that while I moved my feet back and forth I hardly noticed the pain of the needle stick. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me.
It's already August - in some places school is going back into session; the baseball season is getting serious; and the National Football League is getting ready to take the stage - thanks for continuing to follow the blog and have a great week!

Comments
Post a Comment