![]() |
| On the road. 7/18/2026 dwm |
On my early morning ride Saturday, one bicyclist described the day as "a breath of fresh air."
I felt good and was making good time on my route. By leaving early, I returned home around 9 and got on with my day.
That evening we met the kids at Nonno's Ristorante Italiano. We enjoyed good food and good company.
After church Sunday, we picked up several items from the store then returned home. My wife had things she wanted to do while I put on the game while working on blogs.
After the Brewers won in dramatic fashion on a walk-off three run homer by William Contreras over the Miami Marlins, I took my ten speed downtown where I found a pump for a tire with a Schroeder valve. It worked as I methodically inflated the tire to 90 pounds per square inch, and the reliable Schwinn Traveler is ready for another run.
Monday it was back to work. I focused on getting the donor newsletter done and get an early start making phone calls. Speaking of the phone, I'm one of a dozen or more workers transitioning from a desk phone to a 'soft phone' that is literally accessible from my laptop or, if I choose, my cell phone.
Tuesday was busy with a couple meetings and several projects I hoped to complete. While we distributed a lot of the Oak Tree Circle Society 2026 pins the week prior, there were still pins to deliver. I completed deliveries to residents on campus Tuesday and mailed the rest to community donors, which leaves a handful of pins still to be delivered.
![]() |
| There was cake! 7/23/2026 dwm |
The director of the Chamber came prepared with a large scissors. There was a nice turnout of friends and colleagues plus two clients and their babies.
Thursday was an off day we headed south for a couple days visiting family and an opportunity for me to ride on some unfamiliar trails.
Other than construction on at least seven sections of our trip, it was smooth sailing. We had one ten-mile detour just south of Madison, the rest of the road work only slowed us down a little. We reached our destination around 2:30.
Thursday and Friday were wonderful with great weather, low humidity and seasonal temperatures, and escaping the regular routine for a couple days.
I hope a get-away is coming up in your future! Thanks for reading.


Comments
Post a Comment