My Week that Was - August 31

Helping  decorate the halls. 8/24/24 dwm

 Saturday our church was one of twelve in Madison to help several public elementary schools by decorating bulletin boards.

 Quite a few people chipped in to help - some worked at home during the week preparing the decorations. The most elaborate design I saw was the one with an octopus.

 School starts next week in Madison and most Wisconsin schools. In addition to sprucing up hallways for the returning students, school supplies were collected to give students who need them.

The boys & me. 8/27/24

Tuesday, our boys joined me for a game at American Family Field as the Brewers hosted the San Fransisco Giants. The Giants won, but it was an entertaining game and we had a good time.

We were excited to see Jackson Chourio. The 20-year-old rookie is off to a spectacular start as he hit a home run measuring 449-feet and stole a base, joining a short list of players who did that before turning 21. The team is fun to watch as they use team speed on the bases and in the field. 

Blake Perkins steals a HR. 8/27/24 dwm

Chourio's big hit and a home run by Willy Adames were the offensive highlights, while on defense, center fielder Blake Perkins stole his third home run this year by timing his jump to grab the ball before it cleared the fence (photo left).

Coming out of Tuesday's game, the Brew Crew was 19-games above .500 with an 8-1/2 game lead over the Chicago Cubs. I'm looking forward to going back to AmFam Field one more time this season.

 I took Wednesday off, recognizing the day after attending a night game might be tough to be at my best at work. I didn't sleep a lot more than usual but it was nice getting up later and enjoy a relaxing day.

 Wednesday was hot but not as warm and humid as Tuesday, so we took a drive to Brodhead for lunch where we enjoyed delicious grilled cheese sandwiches from Decatur Dairy.

The On Wisconsin sanndwich. 8/28/24 dwm

 
We didn't see a Brewer win Tuesday night, but it seems the team felt so bad we watched them lose to the Giants, they pulled together to win the next two games to take the series.

I was back at work Thursday. I only missed a day-and-a-half but it felt like I was returning from a weekend when I got back.

In addition to a donor visit, we had a meeting with the team moving our data from the old software to the new one. In the afternoon, I joined another bike pilot in giving rides to some assisted living residents.

It was time to see my friends at the Red Cross Friday morning. There will be more about the visit tomorrow; it was a quick trip, I was back in the office less than an hour after getting there.

The week felt like a doughnut with a hole in the center, off for half of Tuesday and all day Wednesday. It's nice having a long weekend to relax and reset, starting with Wisconsin's season opener Friday night. Go, Badgers!!

Comments