My Week that Was - August 24

The Yahara River. 8/17/24 dwm

 My Saturday morning visit to the gym was a return to normal, with a three-mile run and additional two-mile walk. We went to the Prairie Cafe afterwards for breakfast and a chocolate-banana smoothie.

 I had an opportunity to get a ride in after that, it was a wonderful ride even with a few drops of rain. It never came down harder than a steady sprinkle, so I barely got wet. If you missed the blog about the ride, click here.

 The Brewers finished their 10-game home-stand with 7 wins that pushed their lead in the National League Central to 10 games. There's a lot of season to play but it's nice to see them playing well.

We had our fantasy football draft Sunday night. I decided to roll with the choices the computer made for me and not over-thinking it. Since my team won the league last year, I expect the breaks to be against me this time. I don't devote much time to this distraction but I admit it was more fun than I expected.

My fourth day back at the gym in Verona was the same day I received an email from Anytime Fitness noting I had been visiting another location regularly, and enough time lapsed for their system to transfer my membership. I replied to the email that I was back and expecting to stay, we'll see how long it takes for a reply.

Just seeing familiar faces each morning is nice but it helps the gym finally resolved issues with its TVs. For six weeks, or more, the channels I expected to use passing the time were unavailable. Now that they're back, so am I.

It was interesting this week to hear reports from 7 interns about what they've done at Oakwood this summer. One goal of the program was to bring fresh ideas and a new perspective. On Tuesday and Wednesday the students and their supervisors reported on their experience. My connection that donor gifts provide the paychecks for the young temporary staff.

INBusiness Award winners. 8/22/24 dwm

Lots of awards were handed out Thursday morning at a breakfast hosted by InBusiness Magazine. I was there because Oakwood was one of the winners. Architects from EUA had the design they did for us selected as best in health care. Beside members from the EUA team there were people from Vogel Brothers Building Corporation, who built the new Hebron Oaks.

Yesterday was the end of the work week and a big step in our transition to a new database. My colleague joined me on a 'data validation' call to review how the data we gave them looked in the new system.

Validating the data is a multiple step process, looking at the new files to see the data was in place. In our old software you could save multiple documents in the same folder but so far the new system only pulled one of three files. 

We're looking at first names and nicknames, phone numbers and emails to see if we're getting everything. I'm thankful for the person guiding us through the process and look forward to see all the pieces come together.

In just the first hour I saw flashes of the data we'll have at our fingertips with Bloomerang, it's exciting!

We finished our week with supper at the Great Dane. The breaded Walleye was delicious, we followed that with a stop at Icki Sticki for ice cream, Caramel Chaos and Brownie Cascade. Yum!

That was my week; I hope you had a good one. Thanks for reading!

Comments