My Week that Was - July 20

Early morning 7/13/2024 dwm

 I started the week with an early morning bike ride and expect to end the week the same way.,

 Saturday's highlight was lunch with our son and daughter-in-law at Sugar River Pizza. It was a nice time to catch up over good food.

 Saturday night and Sunday morning a couple storms passed through, dropping 3-inches of rain in some places. The storm on Sunday was over us when I usually would've gone to the gym. Thankfully it was a fast-moving shower and only delayed me 20-minutes.

Monday was dang hot. In the afternoon, I walked from my office to our business center in a building a short block away. The humidity made it feel like there wasn't much air. But I had it easy, there was a crew sealing the asphalt. That's hot work on a cool day, I don't know how they did it. 

Storms rolled in Monday evening. We were north of the heavy stuff but still got a large amount of rain. The rest of the week was to be dry, which will be one of the longest stretches we've had with no rain in a very long time.

Tuesday our family met again at Sugar River Pizza, this time its Sun Prairie location, this time with my visiting sister-in-law joining us. I was working on the east side that day, so it was convenient for me and gave me the responsibility of locking down a table for us.

Saw a new Kwik Trip on Friday's ride. 7/19/24
Wednesday was the first cool day, it was time to turn off the air conditioning and open windows. When I got to the office, it was refreshing to open them. That and a door open to the hallway created a nice breeze. It was a productive day as I made a few calls, made progress writing several pieces, and conducted two interviews. 

We had the annual summer picnic on Oakwood's east campus Thursday, open to employees and residents. It's a celebratory occasion with live music, hot food, and Chocolate Shoppe ice cream.  

I helped hand-out swag to employees during the first hour and served as bus boy during the third. The two jobs gave me a chance to see a lot of co-workers and dozens of residents.

It was a good day at work - the picnic was a big chunk of it but I also finished two articles, an interview for an upcoming appeal, and uploaded a large file for our new database. It was a nice end to the week with three days of weekend right in front of me. 

Friday continued a streak of great weather. It was cool as I started my bike ride. It was chilly with the short-sleeve bike jersey but after a few miles I warmed up. It was a new route that took me to Oregon, Wisconsin then back-tracked and found extra miles to hit my goal. After a busy and sometimes hectic week, it was nice ending it with a day off and two more days behind it. 

I hope you had a nice week and make your next one even better, thanks for reading!

Comments