What Snow?

Early afternoon snow. 4/2/24 dwm
Tuesday afternoon it started to snow around 2 o'clock. 

As the afternoon commute began, traffic crawled along Madison streets as the weather guys predicted we would have 10 inches by the time it finished.

After getting home I put a swath of plastic across my windshield so in the morning I could just pull the snow and ice off the car.

An hour or so after getting home, I heard plows working on our cul-de-sac and a crew shoveling sidewalks. There were still flakes floating in air but it wasn't sticking.

Wednesday morning, I pulled off the plastic, removing raindrops, but no snow or ice. The roads were fine. Plows were working on the parking lot at the gym clearing the previous night's snow.

Wind blew strong most of Wednesday morning but whatever extra snow fell was blown away. 

The ten inches never happened. The 4 or 5 inches of snow was two inches of water with snow topping. A disappointing result when you're hoping for a storm. We'll see if there's any more snow in our near future but at this point, I think we've seen the last of it, enjoy Spring!

Comments