Stormy Weather

Flash of lightning. 9/4/2012 dwm photo
Tuesday was expected to bring heavy rains and possible storms.

I worked later than usual on Oakwood's east campus, heading home around 7:30. At that point there was light rain while off to the west were flashes of lightning.

The weather didn't effect my trip, I made it home, changed, and had a snack before a tornado warning was issued for the southwest corner of Dane County, including Verona.

For a few minutes it sounded like conditions might favor the formation of a tornado but a short time later the storm lost energy and the warning expired.

I left the basement, going upstairs to watch the game. The line of storms picked up steam, warnings were issued for the eastern part of Dane County, and we were in the clear. It was close but all we got was much-needed rain. 

The storm wasn't done. Shortly after 10, trying to get to sleep there was a flash of lightning and then the longest roll of thunder I've ever heard, I'm not stretching the truth to write the thunder rolled like a train for nearly 10 seconds. I'm not sure if the lightning did any damage but it was very close.

It's only mid-April, there will be more storm opportunities.

Comments