Directions

A pizza not delivered in this story. 8/11/2013 dwm
Tuesday evening, I was waiting for a pizza when my phone rang.

"Hello, David? I'm here with your pizza."

"Where? I'm standing by the door and I don't see anybody."

"I'm here at 5565 Notches Pass."

"So, am I. Trust me, you aren't in the same place."

"The sign says 5565 Notches Pass, the Cove."

"Well, the Cove is on campus, but you need to go back to the main road, turn left, take the next left less than a block down the road, then turn left into our driveway."

"I'm sorry for the delay."

I presume the driver was putting in the address to his GPS to get the route correct this time.

"Well, I'm here at the Cove, 5565 Notches."

"Stay where you are, I'll come to you, don't move!"

I walk back inside, down a hall, then out a door and across a parking lot.

"What color is your car?"

"It's blue. I'm standing outside."

"OK, there you are, hang on."

I walk up to him. "I don't want the pizzas here." I point at the driveway and road. "Turn left there, go about a block, turn left on the first road, then turn left into the first driveway. Follow the road until you get to the entrance, I'll meet you there."

A few minutes later, he pulls up, grabs the five pizzas and one double-order of bread sticks and places them on a cart.

"I'm sorry about that, every time I'm in this area, I get confused."

"That's OK, Thanks for getting 'em here. Have a good evening."

Comments