2nd Ride to McTown

On the Yahara River Trail near Lake Waubesa. 4/6/24
My first ride was the first weekend of March. It's fitting that my second was the first weekend in April. I'm hoping to pick up the frequency going forward.

I didn't head out until 2 when it was 60 degrees, After getting the bike ready, I headed out, less than a half-mile down the road I turned around to get more clothes.

My long-sleeve jersey was perfect but with a breeze from the east my hands and legs were cool. I got my running gloves and a pair of tights.

The extra layer made the difference, it was a comfortable ride.  The ride to McFarland is almost a straight line from west to east. I hoped the wind would be at my back on the way home.
 
The 0.9 mile boardwalk. 4/6/24 dwm
 There were a lot of people biking, running, and walking. Frogs were busy calling, trying to find a mate. At Eagle School I saw a group playing cricket on field, I'm used to seeing this, or a similar group throughout the year.

 I turned around at McDaniel Park in McFarland, heading west with the wind at my back, which increased my pace by a couple clicks. 

 It took 2 hours, 18 minutes to cover 33 miles. 

 Maybe the time of day had something to do with it but I was passed by more bikes than when I ride in the morning. It could mean I'm not in peak riding shape.
 
Ride 2, Verona to McFarland, round trip 33 miles, season total 53.

Comments