Wanna Cookie?

Toast Yay package. Internet im
 This last week local Girl Scout troops started selling cookies.

 All of a sudden, girls with green sashes or dressed in uniform were on street corners, in front of stores, and some times with a parent or grandparent selling cookies door-to-door.

 On one street corner, adults and kids were wearing giant pictures of Girl Scout cookies.  It's too bad you can't get cookies that size.

 There was a scout last Sunday gave away samples after church and selling cookies out of the back of her parents' car while people stood in line.

My wife bought her favorite cookies, Thin Mints, which despite their name are actually not helpful in losing weight.

Joint possession of cookies doesn't happen at our house. I don't care for Thin Mints but found something worth at work the next day. One couple who lives at Oakwood, invited their granddaughter and her inventory of cookies. I was walking down the hall late in the day when I saw a number of residents clutching cookie boxes as they walked home.

I followed the crumbs to the source where I decided to try a new variety called Toast Yay!

A look at both sides of a Toast Yay. internet image

Looking at the bag, I found this description a "French toast inspired cookie dipped in delicious icing and full of flavor every bite. Yay!"

Yay? I'd have to determine that for myself. I brought my bag to the office as a snack and something sweet after lunch. 

The cookie is good, the frosting has a flavor which I couldn't determine at first but brought to mind maple syrup. 

I like them. The taste and texture makes it easy to limit how many I eat. Two were just fine as a post-lunch treat.  It would be better if I could dunk them in cold milk. 

My usual favorite cookies - Trefoils - could be joined by Adventurefuls (brownie inspired with carmel topping) and Carmel Chocolate Chip, and Toast Yays on a plate any time.

Comments