Bracket Broken, Not Busted

 

My bracket is far from perfect but much of it is intact.

The first weekend of the men's NCAA tournament is over.
 
While picking 19 winners in 32 games isn't anything to write home about, because that means I incorrectly picked 13 games. The good news is that my Final Four are all still alive.
 
Seven of the eight teams in my Elite Eight are still playing. Only Texas Christian University got sent home early.
 
I missed the biggest upsets of the first weekend. Oakland beat Kentucky and Yale took down Auburn. I missed James Madison beating Wisconsin while predicting Drake would beat Washington State and that Mc Neese State would be in the Sweet Sixteen. I picked Grand Canyon and Duquesne as upset winners in round one but bowing out in their second games.
 
Going into this next weekend, the University of Connecticut looks as good as advertised as the top overall team in the tournament. Iowa State looks solid, while a fellow member of the Big 12, Houston, looked shaky winning in overtime. Marquette came from behind in their first two games to live up to their seeding. In the Midwest, I misjudged Purdue as they won their first two games comfortably. 
 
I'm curious to see Creighton and the Boilermakers in the Midwest Regional Final. Creighton has the kind of team that will match-up with Purdue. If the other three finals follow my bracket, I'll still take Iowa State over UConn; Arizona taking down Alabama, and Houston edging the Marquette Golden Eagles.

Of course, I could be wrong!

Comments