My Week that Was - February 17

My gym. 10/18/2015 dwm
For the first time since February 2, I returned to the gym Saturday morning.

The usual routines were not an option. This was my first workout in a week. It felt like my first, ever.

After getting the OK of my doc to resume normal activities, I was glad to be back and curious to see how it would go.

Usually my Sunday visits are a brisk walk on the treadmill for an hour at 4.1 miles per hour.  I pushed the speed to 4, but quickly realized I wasn't ready, slowing to 3.5.

It doesn't take long for days of athletic training to expire. The good news was I felt good, other being tired, and look forward to again reaching what I'd do on Sunday.  I'm thankful to be back in the gym.

I went back to work Monday and was pleasantly surprised to make it through the day without pain.  Tuesday and Wednesday were tiring but it was nice to concentrate on work without pain getting in the way.

The item in the way was my office laptop. The computer itself worked fine but I was unable to log into our customer database.  An Information Technology technician tried helping resolve the issue on Monday, continued Tuesday morning, and revisited Wednesday, all to no avail.  The next step may be trying a different computer to see if the same issue persists or if that's the solution.  While working in the cloud provides benefits, the downside is without access to the data there is a huge amount I can't do.

Thursday didn't resolve the database issue but appeared on the right track when I headed home, a more clear answer would come Friday.

One health update from the week, Wednesday night to Thursday morning was the first time I slept all night in a very long time. That's a good feeling.

Friday morning when I walked in the office, the computer was still trying to process cleaning the new app. Considering it was more than 15 hours since that process started, it was easy to conclude that this solution didn't work either. 

I had a couple donor visits Friday, which was a nice return to normal and began distributing pins to our Oak Tree Circle members.  It might take several rounds of both campuses to finish but its worth the time and effort.

While it was a busy week, it was mostly a return to normal.  I don't expect that to be the case this next week, I hope you have a wonderful week!

Comments