A Thorn

A promising sunset. 2/6/23 dwn
 Sunday was a nice day, warm and sunny, more April than February.  I've been primarily inside since Friday morning, so it seemed like a good time to get our and walk.

 On my way, Paul's letter to the Corinthians came to mind when he wrote of a thorn in his flesh. There is no comparison other than the metaphor, but kidney stones certainly qualify as thorn-like.

 The pain can be fairly low and tolerable for long periods of time, usually in the morning, the afternoon is when the pain flares a bit.  The unpredictability makes it tough to work around. I'm doing what I was told that might 'hurry' that little stone along but on day four since it's still onboard.

 Like Paul, I'm praying for this thorn to be pulled and restored to usual health, according to God's will.

Comments