My Week that Was - January 27

Foggy sunrise over Wisconsin River. 1/20/24 dwm
  After an early trip to the gym for a six-mile run, I cleaned up before driving to Sauk Prairie hoping to get in position before sunrise to get pictures of bald eagles.

 I ate a couple donuts so I could concentrate on the birds for a couple hours before eating breakfast at Sauk Prairie's Eagle Inn.

 It wasn't crowded but when I tried to say I was OK sitting at a 2-top table, the waitress thought I meant someone was joining me.

 That's why it was 20 minutes before I placed my order, as she waited for my guest. The Eagle Inn breakfast sandwich was quickly made and hit the spot.

From there I picked up a couple things at Menards before heading home.  I settled in to review eagle photos and watch basketball and football before the Packer playoff game came on. It was a tough loss but a successful season for Green Bay (read more of my Packer thoughts here).

Monday I printed 500 letters and envelopes.  The letters take only a couple minutes, the envelopes took hours to print.  There are only so many envelopes you can load in the tray and envelopes get easily snarled or caught in the workings of the machine.  The final piece is a summary of 2023 gifts for each donor.

Tuesday I started working on Valentine cards. There are 257.  It's a tradition that started a number of years ago with grade-school Valentine cards.  A year or two later we started printing our own with an appropriate message to the donors either thanking them for being Oakwood's Valentine or for loving the people who live there.

Prairie du Sac 1/20/2024 dwm photo

Wednesday was my last day on the west campus since I was going to Prairie Ridge Thursday for a couple donor visits and the first pizza party of the year.  

I changed the menu this year, including a mushroom pizza for the first time.  It was a winner - all gone before everyone had a chance.  While it's not a favorite of mine, I'll keep it on the menu.

The evening went well.  I tried to limit my remarks so there was more time for questions. There are ten parties left.

Friday we took a trip to Milwaukee on our anniversary.  We stopped at a couple places that were new to us while revisiting a couple others on a rainy January day.  After a week of freezing cold it became warmer than usual, I hope it's nice where you live and thanks for reading.

Comments