Happy Anniversary

Our wedding party, Jan 26, 1985. C Scholl photo

 39 years ago tomorrow we were married at Trinity Lutheran Church in Des Moines, Iowa. 
 
 Two conclusions:
 *  Next year will be 40 years and 
 *  We are getting old 

 My sister was the flower girl. She was nine then, I think she's somewhere in her mid-twenties now.  My bride looks the same. The face I see in the mirror every morning looks the same, to me anyway.
 
 I thought about our 15th anniversary the day we  married, amazed that it would come in 2000.

We celebrated our 23rd by the bay. 1/25/08
Our twelfth is the easiest to remember because that's the day the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI.  
 
We spent our 23rd in San Fransisco, enjoying the sights and riding trolley cars.
 
We celebrate every year, usually by going out for dinner, other times taking weekend trips.

It's a blessing to be together and nice to recall the years and years of God's abundant blessings.

Tomorrow I'll take the day off and we'll take a trip to do something special.  

We got married at the end of January because that was the earliest date that worked for us and our families; we weren't thinking about honeymoon destinations or future anniversary trips.  

39 years is 14,235 days; 341,640 hours; or 20,498,400 minutes - that's what the old saying about time flying meant.
 
Happy Anniversary, honey.

Comments