My Week that Was - December 9

A new holiday entryway. 12/3/23 dwm

Saturday morning, after breakfast I grabbed the lights and set out to decorate the front of the condo.  It's from the "less is more" concept of holiday decorating.

After that was done, I sat down to see how the basketball Badgers would do against the rival Marquette Golden Eagles, who were ranked #3 in the country.

Wisconsin played a complete game, earning a convincing win as an un-ranked team.  The win put them in the top 25 on Monday, the day before the Badgers played conference foe Michigan State.  

It was the second of three tough road games for UW, and they showed up ready to go, earning their third straight win on the Spartans home court.  Wisconsin plays at Arizona later today - the top team in the nation this week.  Go Bucky!

The Packers played Sunday night, hosting Kansas City.  It was expected to test the young Green Bay squad.  The Chiefs did, and I was thrilled to see how the Packers played.  Jordan Love played his best career game for the third game in a row and the defense rose to the occasion when necessary.  They have as many wins as losses with five to play, it will be interesting to see how they finish the season.

The difficulty now for Green Bay may be expectations and the team's ability to stay humble and come out ready to play each week.  Go Pack, Go!  

The work week felt like the busiest so far.  There was an event Friday that required a lot of work between Tuesday and Thursday, printing 1,200 personalized letters, then get them folded, stuffed, sealed, and sorted to be ready for distribution to staff Friday at staff appreciation parties on both campuses of Oakwood Village. 

It wouldn't have been finished on time without crucial help from a number of colleagues.  

Amidst the busyness, I had an appointment to get new tires on the Prius.  The plan was to drop it off Wednesday morning and pick up after work.  I checked on its progress late in the day and learned the shop was so busy it wouldn't be done to drive home, so I was offered a loaner.

A Star Wars holiday tie. 12/8/23
 I expected to return the loaner the next morning and drive away in my car.  Unfortunately, the car still wasn't ready so I walked the short distance to work then returned to get the car at the end of the day.
 
  Friday was fun.  I helped get our stuff set up on the west campus to start the day so my colleague could take care of the donors who volunteered to distribute gifts.  I drove across town to the east campus to host three shifts of donors handing out gifts.
 
  Since this was a holiday party, I wore Christmas-themed clothes   It sports a pattern of boxes created by candy canes with the head of Darth Vader inside each one.  There were a number of kind comments about the tie.  It was given to me several years ago by friend and co-worker, Heidi, who knew I enjoyed Star Wars.  
 
 Nothing says it's Christmas like a Darth Vader Christmas tie.  I hope your halls are appropriately decked, happy holidays!

 All photos by David Mossner.

Comments