My Week that Was - November 4

Breakfast Saturday. 10/28/2023 dwm
When I have breakfast at Panera, I usually order a bagel. 
 
Saturday, I tried something different a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich on a cinnamon crunch bagel.

It's a classic combination of sweet and savory.  It's a new combination on the Panera menu, and one of the best things I've ordered off their menu.

It was nice not bringing work home with me this week.  I don't often but it helps when there are a lot of letters or cards to sign.
 
Saturday and Sunday was decent weather for late October but not the conditions I want while biking.  Over night lows Saturday and Sunday were in the 30s.
 
Wisconsin football played better Saturday but not enough to beat the 3rd-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes.  I thought they looked better in a loss than some of their victories.  Only four regular season games remain, they need to play strong the rest of the way to reach the conference championship.
 
On the other hand, the Packers didn't play well.  They were undisciplined, sloppy, and out of sorts.  The defense limited the Vikings offense but Green Bay couldn't make a first-down until late in the first half.  You won't win many games if you can't move the ball.  The mistakes and the losses are tough to stomach because they seem close to putting things together.  I wouldn't put money on it, or predict a winning streak, it's a thin line separating good from the not-so-good teams. Right now, Green Bay is on the wrong side of that line. 

No measurable accumulation. 10/31/2023 dwm
 Saturday night I'll be on stage with residents in a production of The Invasion of Earth as it Began in Grover's Mill, New Jersey.
 
 It captures several stories of people reacting to the "War of the Worlds" broadcast on CBS the night of October 30, 1938.

 I play Joe, a young workingman from Detroit, visiting my brother and his wife with my spouse when the broadcast begins.  It's a drama with some humor and probably some unintentional comedy served alongside.  We'll see how it goes.  It's been fun working on the show with residents.

This week brought the first killing frost to Madison (as far as I know) with temperatures in the 20s.  The upside is that allergy season ends when freezing temperatures arrive.  Wednesday morning, November 1, the overnight low reached 19-degrees.  That is serious cold this early in autumn.

It was a quick week in the office.  The year-end appeal is ready to print, presuming I don't have to edit content at the last minute.  We also surpassed last year's gift total for the annual employee holiday bonus, that speaks to donor generosity when it comes to recognizing the importance of team members.
 
I hope you have a great week, break a leg!

Comments