My Week that Was - October 14

McFarland, WI 10/7/23 dwm photo
 The week started in the early cool an hour before sunrise.  Then, after my workout, I was on the bike, heading east as the sun rose.

 It was a good ride to McFarland and back with 10 added miles by making a loop around the community (photo left is the corner of Holscher and Elvehjem roads).

 The rest of Saturday was spent writing and watching football (nice win, Wisconsin).  Sunday after church we had breakfast, then I was able to get on my bike for 36 miles.

 The Packers didn't play until Monday.  Expectations were  high but despite promising moments they didn't play well enough to win.

It's too early to reach a conclusion on Green Bay's season.  There are missteps, fumbles, bad plays, and amazing connections.  Five games into a 17-game season, this team is mediocre with a few silver linings that may indicate better days ahead or it's just fool's gold and the Pack will take longer than a year to get back to winning seasons on a regular basis.

Either way, I'm on this Packer train, let's see how it goes.  It's impossible to predict but it won't be boring.

Monday started another busy week at work.  There were dozens of gifts in the mail every day.  I spent time on donor visits, making calls, and finalizing the next mailing before starting on the next one. 

Wednesday was the second of three planned pizza parties.  It went well.  While the basic presentation was the same, questions covered different topics.  The questions and answers is the best part for me because I'm responding to things people want to know.  It was a fun and engaged group, and they liked the pizza.

Thursday, rain moved into the area. That's saying something because the forecast called for a three-day rain.  We haven't had three consecutive days of rain all year.  It won't break the drought but should help even though it's too late to help this year's crops.

There was more rain Friday.  By the time it ends we will likely get more than we've had since I don't know when.  The rain is expected to stretch into Saturday which means for the first time in months I won't be riding because of the weather.

It's been a good week for me, here's hoping your next week is great!

Comments