A New Pair of Shoes

A Nunn-Bush dress shoe. 10//14/23 dwm

 The last domino to fall as a result of Covid-19 did yesterday when I walked into the Shoe Box. It was time for a new pair of shoes. 
 
 What does the pandemic have to do with shoes?  Well, that's today's topic.

 My last shoe purchase was in early 2019.  I got three pairs: dress shoes, running shoes, and a pair of tennis shoes to wear when I wasn't dressed up or running.

 The Rockport dress shoes were a good buy.  They looked nice and lasted a long time.

The shoes were a year old when old when I stopped wearing them.  When Covid-19 descended on Wisconsin, it meant working from home, which meant I didn't need to wear dress shoes.  I didn't work in pajamas or sweat pants but I left the ties and buttoned-down shirts in the closet with the shoes.

A selection of men's dress shoes.
It wasn't until 2021 when I went back to the office that I pulled the shoes out and put 'em on.  I got three more years of use until it was time for a change.

The thing that keeps me coming back to the Shoe Box is the service.  There are plenty of associates ready to help find the kind of footwear you want, get the right size, help putting them on and make sure you're satisfied.  
 
Discovering the Shoe Box when we moved to Madison in 2012 was like a time machine to the 1970s when stores employed people to sell shoes.

I found three shoes on the wall to try.  The associate brought out the shoes and after a few minutes in the trio of pairs, I selected the Nunn-Bush shoes. 

I look forward to two or three continuous years of comfort before a return trip to my favorite store.

Comments