On the Road

Tuesday morning I spoke in Waunakee. 8/22/23

Tuesday morning I made my third trip to the Senior Center in Waunakee to speak to the ROMEOs.

I shared photos and stories from our trips visiting lighthouses around Lakes Michigan, Huron, Superior, and Winnebago.

Earlier this year I shared our collection of covered bridges and they were kind enough to invite me back.

The last visit I had issues getting everything to work the way I hoped so this time my bag was stocked with a backup thumb drive and an adapter to make sure the computer could send pictures to the projector.

ROMEOs at the Senior Ctr. 8/22/23 dwm
 ROMEO stands for 'retired old men eating out,' and the meal is breakfast, served fresh and hot at 9 am.
 
 In addition to the meal, there is conversation, and usually a presentation. Occasionally a local official addresses a local topic or concern and sometimes they ask someone to share a hobby, pursuit, or experience.
 
 The first time I spoke for the ROMEOs was pre-Covid when I shared my 2018 rides around Dane County visiting 85 Bucky Badger statues on parade.
 
 I was scheduled for a second time during in spring of 2020 but Covid happened and I didn't do the talk for 3 years.

There were technical difficulties, again.  The PowerPoint displayed the first slide but when I hit the button to advance nothing happened.  After a minute of thought, I grabbed the thumb drive and thanks to the center's laptop the visual trip around three of the Great Lakes was underway.  

I finished with 4-second glimpses of every light while answering questions before closing and wishing them well, thankful for the opportunity to join the ROMEOs again.

Comments