New Videos

Grosse Point Lighthouse, Evanston, IL (dwm)
This summer I added a few more lighthouses and covered bridges to my collections.  As a result, it was time to update the videos I first compiled in 2020.
 
There are two lighthouses - Grosse Point in Evanston and Waukegan Harbor in Illinois.  
 
The lighthouse video starts in Menomonie, Michigan in the northwest corner of Lake Michigan and right on the Wisconsin state line.  
 
From there the lights are shown as if you're driving east along the south side of the Upper Peninsula before crossing the Mackinaw Bridge and down Michigan's west coast into Indiana and Illinois, before entering Wisconsin and up the west side of Lake Michigan.
 
There is a drop into Lake Winnebago to see its six bridges and then over to Lake Huron near the Mackinaw Bridge going south along the shoreline eventually ending on the Detroit River.
 
The last stretch starts near the Minnesota/Canadian border and goes south to Duluth, east across Wisconsin to Michigan's Upper Peninsula, following Lake Superior east to Marquette.  The lights east of Marquette to Sault Ste Marie and the river to Lake Huron are the only lights I'm missing on Lake Superior.
 
This is a relaxed video tour with two or more photos of almost every lighthouse.
 
 
The covered bridge collection is in alphabetical order for the Upper Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin).  As a bonus I'm showing two of four standing bridges I photographed in Missouri and Tennessee.  I don't know if I'll return to either state to get the four I missed.

Indiana has 93 bridges, they are shown in alphabetical order by county with information on the graphic of how many bridges are in each county.  I hope you enjoy the show!


(To see the video full-screen, double click the image.)

Comments