My Week that Was - June 10

A view to the east. 6/3/2023 dwm photo
 My week started hot, as in temperature.  Saturday hit 91 degrees, tying a record for June 3 in Madison history.
 
 Just to be on the safe side, I set out early for a bike ride to get miles in before the sun was high in the sky.  
 
 I was home before 9, showered and ready for the day.  From there it was quiet, although I did attend a funeral in the early afternoon for a donor I'd known.
 
 Later, while picking up supper, I noticed something strange while waiting for our drive thru order at Culver's.  Cars on either side in the parking lot had their bag of hot food delivered and both drivers sat in their car, engine running, concentrating on their phones instead of trying to get home as quickly as possible.
 
You could applaud their caution in not texting while driving but I could only think of the family waiting to eat.  When our order was delivered I had my car going and in reverse as soon as the delivery person was out of the way.  That was the other issue - running car motors to keep cool is a huge waste of energy and ineffective because the AC works best when the vehicle is moving.

Monday afternoon the Prairie Ridge campus had a nice treat when Momma Meg's Mobile Ice Cream parked in front of the main entrance with a host of ice cream.  The day was sunny, warm (not too hot), and welcoming to staff and residents alike.  I had a cup of Carmel Swirl Cedar Crest Ice Cream with a small wood spoon.  Yum.

The job is going well; there is no end of learning opportunities and understanding facets of the Foundation I hadn't worked with previously.  Good news this week is that one my colleagues returned after time away; very glad to have them back!

Thursday, I dropped my car at the dealership for regular maintenance.  A confirmation email included a document showing my 90,000 mile check plus that day's visit and the next one. This week's visit said a multi-point inspection and tire rotation was all I needed.  The technician who greeted me said I needed an oil change and recommended a flush of brake fluid.  

I asked why there was a difference and was told the dealership and the car maker don't always recommend the same course of action.  That may be true, but I didn't understand why I was getting both recommendations.  To the best I recall, I've never had this experience.  I went ahead with the oil change and held the brake fluid flush until next time.

Two days later, I've still not received the survey that usually arrives five minutes after I check-out.  It will come at some point, I'm sure.

Friday was a classic 'catsup' day as I caught up on work projects starting with the final article for an upcoming publication.  Also finished writing visit notes and preparing for a presentation on Monday.  The last task for the week was picking up carry-out at Pizza Hut on my way home.

Have a great week, my friends!

Comments