My Week that Was - May 13

Sunday was my first ride of the year.
May 6th didn't offer much as the first Saturday in May, it was cloudy and felt like rain. it wasn't a day to ride.  That's why I dropped off the recumbent at the shop so the bike computer could get updated for 2023.
 
Sunday after church it was sunny and warm, perfect for riding, and my main bike was out of action.  If you've already read Tuesday's blog, you know what happened.
 
There was a lot of administrative work this week with attention to distributing grants and making sure details are taken care of down to the dotting of the i's and crossing of the t's.

Tuesday evening we held the first of two dinners recognizing some of our most significant donors.  Oakwood's chef and vice president of culinary arts outdid himself with a vegetarian meal, sea bass, and filet mignon for the guests to choose for their dinner.

While much of Tuesday was spent preparing for the dinner, I was distracted by difficult news received about a co-worker who experienced a serious medical event that put them in the hospital.  I felt powerless to help, then realized the most I could do was also the least I could do and that was to pray for my friend and colleague during a difficult time.

Spring flowers in the woods. 5/11/23 dm
 The big news this week came at work.  My boss left nearly two months ago for a new position.  I was named interim executive director at the time.  This week the word interim was removed.  
 
 It's a great honor and I'm humbled to serve.  We have a good team and I'm blessed to work with so many generous donors.

 Oakwood's University Woods campus has a nine acre nature preserve and spring provides a prime time for it to show its beauty. 
 
 The Nature Preserve committee set up multiple stations and gave guided tours past the spring flowers and trees and plants that make their home in an oak savanna or forest in Wisconsin.

  It was a beautiful day Thursday to walk paths through the forest, admire flowers, and see a male Wood Duck dashing across the vernal pond.

It was a nice note to finish my week, I hope your next week is a great one!

Comments