One More Snow Day

Not my usual spot but I wasn't picky. 3/25/23

 I feel pretty confident that yesterday's snow storm is the swansong of the season after dropping 8 inches of the white stuff on Verona.
 
 The roads were not plowed just after 5 when I drove to the gym.  The Main Street was just seeing a blade for the first time on my way home 100 minutes later but not on my side of the road.  I made it just fine until pulling into our condo association where I came up short of pulling all the way into my parking space.
 
 I moved back a bit for another run.  No dice.  I began a turn to get a better run at another spot when the tires began to spin and the car didn't move.  After rocking the car from reverse to forward, I eventually moved my car out of the main lane for traffic in and out of our cul de sac.
Heavy snow bent branches.

I didn't go back outside until the snow stopped and found more inches on top of my car than was under it.  We got a lot of snow.  The temperature hovered around 32 and rose as the morning progressed turning much of the snow into slush.

After taking the pictures you see in this blog I waited until our snow removal people had most of their work done then went out to clean the snow around my car and the spaces in between my car and the next one.

We have condo association guidelines on where to park when snow is expected.  I was in place before I went to the gym but couldn't get into the space afterwards so I tried to be sure the car was out of the way when the plow truck arrived.

One nice feature of snow storms in March is that it doesn't last.  By 3:30 the sun was out and temperatures climbing.  The cars that were cleaned are dry and the pavement is only wet where melting snow is running across it.

The association before the plowing. 3/25/23 dwm
 There is a chance of another rain/snow mix in a few days but I'd wager the chance of us seeing more than a trace is unlikely.

 One of the strangest things about our snow in 2023 is that it is usually melted, with the exceptions of large snow piles, before the next snow falls.

 We've received a fair amount this winter, 58" inches to date, it would be nice to round that up to a full five-feet or 60-inches. It won't surprise me if we get there. 

Comments