My Week that Was - March 25

Breakfast at the Creamery. 3/18/23

Saturday after my regular workout, we went to Seven Acre Dairy in Paoli for breakfast.  I had their sandwich with bacon to compliment the egg and biscuit instead of the ham I had last time.  It was good but the biscuit fell apart, forcing me to use a fork to finish it.  

I made a trip to the dollar store afterward to pick up three new pairs of reading glasses.  At their price ($1.25) they are a good value.  I got two or three years of use out of the first pairs. 
 
Sunday I was primarily focused on NCAA tournament basketball but did divert my interest a couple times for Wisconsin teams.  First, the Badger men advanced to the quarterfinal in the National Invitation Tournament.  Second, the National Championship for Women's hockey, Wisconsin played a nearly perfect game, scored in the first period and made it stand the rest of the way to earn their 7th National Championship.

Monday I had a new meeting on my calendar that comes with the job as interim Foundation Executive Director.  I didn't know about it very far in advance so I already had a visit scheduled on our east campus, then hustled across town to make the meeting.  

Tuesday was the first of back-to-back evenings with donor appreciation receptions featuring a variety of desserts.  On the Prairie Ridge campus it's the first time we had this gathering in four years because the 2020 party was the first campus event cancelled when Covid-19 arrived.  It was great to see everyone.
 
Tuesday night, the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketballers beat Oregon on their home floor to advance to the NIT semi-finals this next Tuesday.  They've never made it that far in the NIT.  It's certainly the 'little brother' to March Madness but it would be a great finish if they end with a gold trophy.

Celebrating a 7th national title.  TV shot
 Wednesday we did the same event at University Woods.  Another good turnout, receptive to celebrating the great things donors made happen during the last three years while managing to avoid Covid-19.   Thanks to colleagues on both campuses, the nights ran smoothly.

 Thursday was closer to a regular workday, although I did something I don't usually do... I woke up at 5:30.  Most days I'm awake by 5, sometimes as early as 4:30.  When that happens I get an early start.  
 
It felt good to get some extra sleep, and not using an alarm some times means I'm a bit 'off schedule.'  I got in an hour-long workout and arrived just 10 minutes behind my usual time but was more rested and with plenty of time before I had to be there.

Buck & Honey's Chicken Parmesan. 3/24/23
Friday, my colleague and I were hoping for a favorable resolution with our new office printer.  The problem was that when the printer was delivered, the drivers were not installed on our laptops, which meant the two devices couldn't communicate. 
 
By mid-morning, everything was in working order so we were able to print and process six dozen thank you letters.  
 
It's been two weeks since our boss moved into a new job; the good news is we're still afloat and beginning to feel more comfortable.
 
Last evening we tried the first Buck & Honey's restaurant on the west side of Dane County.  It was a nice occasion.  My wife went with the fish fry while I had the chicken Parmesan - it was delicious and we had enough for a second meal.  It has a wonderful atmosphere, especially when for a nice place.

Another winter storm was supposed to arrive last night to end yet another week with heavy, wet snow.  It's supposed to fall mostly south and east of Madison.  The silver lining is it is so warm now much of the snow will melt Saturday afternoon.  I hope your snow is also melting, have a great week!

Comments