Broken Bracket

My bracket after the First Four and rounds 1 and 2.   3/20/2022 dwm photo




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first surprise in my 2023 bracket was picking the first four games correctly, then to make sure I understood what a losing proposition betting on sports is, the South region knocked out five of my picks on day one.  I lost one more game Thursday but the team I had advancing to the last weekend, Arizona, was gone.
 
The toughest loss was Friday evening, when my Alma mater, Drake University played the University of Miami.  Drake was the under Bulldog, coming out with a snarl and building a lead they held until the game was nearly over.  It wasn't over fast enough, Drake, who I had advancing to the Sweet Sixteen, lost by six.
 
I picked a few upsets - choosing Penn State, Pitt, and Auburn - but missed with Drake, West Virginia, Utah State, Charleston, and Boise State as winners when they were not.
 
Half my Final Four are gone with Marquette joining Arizona on the sidelines while Xavier and Gonzaga remain in the hunt.  I'll stick with charting the Musketeers and Bulldogs into the right side of the last four and choose Alabama and Kansas State to join them.  I'll stick with my prediction of the Zags cutting down the nets April 3.

Comments