My Week that Was - January 7

Snow on Hydrangea blossoms. 1/5/22 dwm
 My week started with a three days off.  Most of the world was celebrating New Year's Day, in our house the bigger day is the one after, my wife's birthday.

 We celebrated quietly with a store-bought cake (her tradition) and a Rocky Rococo pizza, caught up on a couple favorite shows and finally watched Top Gun Maverick.

 Oh yes, I spent time watching football.  College games Saturday and Monday with the NFL front and center Sunday.

I was watching the Monday night game when the Buffalo Bill player collapsed.  It reminded me of our time in South Dakota.  The station I worked for was broadcasting the high school football championship games.  Our sports anchor was doing play-by-play when one of the officials collapsed.

He was taken from the field of play and the game continued.  I was watching on TV, and only learned later that the ref died on the field. Officials and first responders handled the situation with decorum.  News of the fatality came out later.

Kwik Trip stores look kind of like this
Thankfully emergency responders on hand at the stadium were in place and ready when called upon.  I am thankful for the positive news for Damar Hamlin who regained consciousness and was able to communicate by Thursday.

Tuesday I received my 2022 Kwik Trip Year in Review. While I earned the designation of a Trusted Tripper, I was surprised to see the number of visits was down compared to last year, 264 verses 273.

I bought one more gallon of gas, 312 versus 311; and visited two fewer individual stores, 37 instead of 39.
 
Trusted Trooper is their highest designation, recognizing 250 or more visits in a year.  I guess the only thing I can ask myself is, what was I doing the other 101 days?
 
An update on fantasy football, the Fighting Pointdexters battled to a third-place finish in the 2022 Sportz Boyz Fantasy League.  After sneaking into the playoffs, I finished at the top of the consolation bracket.  Woot-woot!
 
We're a week into the new year, I hope it's going well for you so far!

Comments