My Week that Was - January 14

Not much snow is left. 1/12/2023 dwm
 We started our week with breakfast at the Prairie Cafe, then after picking up a few necessities, ducked into the theater for the second time since Covid-19 to watch A Man Called Otto.  It is a wonderful movie, I encourage you to see it.

 After the movie, we picked up lunch on the way home, then settled in after finishing some household chores.  This is the first two-day weekend since mid-December so I didn't want to waste time I could be relaxing.

 Sunday marked ten years since my wife hauled me to the hospital when my back 'went out.'  Thankfully, that episode of back pain and sciatica is the last one I've had.  

I'm blessed by that because in the ten years before (if it was even that long) I had two other stretches of several months where I was miserable with sciatica.  Thanks be to God for the blessing of good health.

After church we stopped at Kwik Trip for a soft drink and a couple things for the pantry.  After that, there were a bunch of things I tried to do while waiting for Sunday night and the last regular season game of the year to determine if the Packers make the play-offs.
 
Green Bay wasn't up to the challenge, playing the part of a lamb in a lion's den, which on Sunday evening was actually the Packer's home field.  It was close enough for me to think there was a chance but like eight other games this season, it was a lost cause.  I'll watch the post-season and wait for next year.

Monday was the start of my first five-day workweek since December 12.  The holidays are over and the last gifts from 2022 have been processed and counted, it's time to get moving on 2023.

The Packer game was such a crashing end to the football season I nearly forgot about the college championship game Monday night.  It was over early as the Bulldogs of Georgia walked over the Horned Frogs of Texas Christian.  Meanwhile there is excitement in Madison over the new head coach of the Badgers; there are quite a few players transferring to Wisconsin to play for the Badgers.

Luke Fickell is making a big impression on the fan base, expectations are growing.

The weather continues to be unusually warm for mid-January.  The TV weather guys seemed excited Thursday with snow on the maps but they conceded it wouldn't be more than a dusting.  I hope we get some more actual accumulation around here soon.

It was a good week at work, tied the bow on 2022 moving into 2023.

Comments