Ditch Those Resolutions

How are you doing in 2023? unsplash image
 If you already broke or have no hope of fulfilling your resolutions, you're in luck, today is the day you can ditch your New Year's Resolutions.

 Personally, I'm waiting on Libby (the Library app) to notify me I can download the first of my five books.  
 
 The means my resolutions are still 'alive,' or at minimum, haven't been broken.  Yet.

 If you are in the same boat, I wouldn't throw in the towel.  If your resolution was to turn over a new leaf, then keep at it, brush off and try again.
 
The old saying tells us it takes 21 consecutive days to indoctrinate a new life habit.  You are 17 days into the effort, unless you have a perfect batting average on the resolutions so far, it may be time to throw in the towel.
 
There was another bit of wisdom I recently read on the blackboard inside the entrance to the gym.  It said that although we might be trailing our goals and not living up to our potential, by coming in regularly we are ahead of all the people who already stopped.
 
So keeping trying; try again; rip up the resolutions and start over... it's up to you to decide what 2023 is going to be in your life.  Good luck.

Comments