My Week that Was - December 31

Ornaments on a tree at .church. 12/25/22 dwm
We celebrated the arrival of the Christ child Saturday evening at the Christmas Eve service and again Christmas morning.

To me, it's not Christmas until we're in church to hear the story and raise our voices praising the new-born Savior.

The holiday is also about presents as we share gifts with loved ones.  We hope it's the right size and that they don't already have one.

Our youngest son and his wife are avid Lego-builders. They enjoy spending hours turning individual blocks into pieces of art.  
 
Their gift to me was a Lego-scale depiction of the set used to film the TV series Seinfeld, complete with mini-figures Elaine, George, Kramer, and Jerry (photo below).

A re-creation of the Seinfeld set in Lego. 12/25/22
 Monday morning, my wife and I went to Yola's for breakfast.  They are known for their Belgian Waffles and didn't disappoint.
 
 After that, I was dropped at home where I signed cards for January birthdays and worked on laundry before settling in to watch a couple episodes of Jack Ryan and the Quick Lane bowl.
 
 Back at work Tuesday, I finished the last of the donor thank you calls.  There were still calls left to make but the sheer number was down to a workable number.

The inside Christmas decorations came down Thursday. They are usually in place after Thanksgiving so the tree and Nativity scene have had prominent spots in the living room, we needed to make room for much needed new furniture - couch, recliner.

For several years, one of the benefits of our benefits package was a cash incentive for behavior that should lead to better health.  For example, having a physical, a colonoscopy, or even a dental exam is worth $50 back to the insured.  This is the first year we remembered to submit a claim.  It came back "denied." 

An appeal was quickly filed because the boilerplate letter gave the impression the computer reviewing the claim thought I was filing a claim for an illness instead of wellness.  I pointed that out and am waiting their reply.  I spoke with a claims processor and figured out the issue, I'm confident we'll see checks soon.

We had a warm-up Wednesday and Thursday which melted all the snow with the exception of piles created by snow-removal.  It is nice to see bare pavement but I do like seeing snow covering grass in the winter.

Auld Lang Syne or for old times sake, let's raise a glass as we 2022 exits from our lives and into history.  We'll never have another year exactly like it again.  Some are happy about that, others may be sad. 

I'm thankful for a year of good health for our family; for a good job; for travel opportunities; and for doctors and scientists who developed vaccines and treatments which have helped us put Covid-19 in our rear-view mirror. I don't think anyone wants to salute that nasty and deadly virus.

Thank you for spending time with these posts in 2022 - I hope you'll return in 2023!

Comments