My Week that Was - December 24

Sal the snowman. 12/29/22 dwm
There was last minute Christmas shopping to do after an earlier plan didn't come together and at a local shop I was able to put together some items that went together for the occasion and individual.
 
After that, I had time in a quiet house to lay down several voice over auditions and wrap up a project that will be used on Oakwood Village's in-house TV channel.  Then I worked on three blogs for the week while watching a mix of college and professional football.
 
Sunday after church, we raced home to meet the crew coming to pick up furniture we were giving to a local non-profit.  Thankfully we got home fast because the truck and driver was 30 minutes ahead of schedule.
 
Are you a fan of Yellowstone?  We are and with no Packer game until Monday night we cleared the deck to be ready for the fall finale of the show's seventh season.  I wouldn't call it family-friendly but the story, acting, and visuals are tremendous and compelling.
 
Monday for lunch I stopped at a fast food place while running an errand for work. When I pulled up to order, I sat and waited for the disembodied voice to ask for my order.  The second drive-thru lane had a car in the same spot and I heard their voice.  I expected someone to ask what I wanted but no one did. I waited for another car in lane two to order and again, still no voice came from the speaker.  

Just what was going on?  The cars immediately ahead of me had their order taken.  When a break opened in front of me, I pulled through and went next door.  It wasn't a lot faster but they did take my order and give me food.

I arrived at the office Tuesday morning, opened the door and immediately wondered what happened to the door wedge.  Since I moved in five years ago, we've had a small rubber door stopper hold the door.  I searched the office and couldn't find it.  I tried putting a ten-pound weight in front of the door, it wasn't heavy enough.  We ordered a new one, in the meantime the door is closed with sign on it reading, "Come on in, the door is closed to conserve heat."

Left, right, and center was a game we played at our team holiday gathering Wednesday.  You throw up to three dice, depending on how many chips you're holding, the dice have L, R, C, and a dot.  Roll one dot, an L and an R, you keep one chip while giving one each to the players on either side of you.  Roll three dots, you keep all your chips and a C means a chip goes into the pot in the middle of the table.  It was a fun game for our group of 11, fast-moving and easy to learn.

You may live in an area like ours under a Winter Storm Warning Wednesday evening through Saturday.  Five to eight inches of snow was expected with strong winds moving into the area Thursday night that could create dangerous blizzard conditions.  

When I woke up Thursday there was maybe an inch and a half of snow on the ground.  After a quick brush-off of snow from the car I made my way to an emptier than usual gym, headed home an hour later, and forty-five minutes after that was on the way to work.  The roads weren't an issue if you drove reasonably, especially around curves and corners.

Wind swirled snowflakes 12/23/22
 Since it was my last working day of the week, I was able to slip out early.  The wind wasn't strong but snow drifts could be found in open areas.  There wasn't any trouble getting home and at least in the area where I live and work the 'big snow storm' was a dud.  What remained to be seen was how high the winds might blow and could anyone get around if they blew as predicted.

 It was the coldest morning I could remember when I headed to the gym Friday morning, -12 the reading on the car's computer.  The wind made the 'feels like' temperature even colder, so it was a good day to be inside or at least limit exposure to the elements.  In town there were no issues getting around.  The heavy snow passed most of south Wisconsin, so the blizzard warning gave way to warnings about dangerous cold.

 Friday was one of my final days off for the year, thankfully there wasn't much to do, just a couple of errands and little jobs like moving important dates on to the 2023 calendars.

Merry Christmas, have a great week!     All photos by David Mossner

Comments