My Week that Was - November 26

Sunset over Fitchburg. 11/21/2022 dwm photo
Cold kept us inside most of the weekend other than trips to the store and a short Sunday drive.

Much of my time was spent producing lighthouse and covered bridge videos to include the latest photos of each.  When everything is finished and ready to go I'll update the places where the videos have been living and re-introduce them in a blog post.

Juggling work on the computer while paying attention to a variety of games is something I enjoy.  When one of my teams is playing I focus on the Packer and University of Wisconsin games.  

It was nice to see the Badgers battle back for a win in Nebraska.  The team has faced a lot of adversity this season.  It's good to see their resilience and that the path is open for Jim Leonhard to remove the interim from his head coaching stint.  He has a remarkable athletic legacy and it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Lutheran High School of Indianapolis, my former employer, is sending its football team back to defend last year's state championship today.  I follow the scores and stay in touch with a friend who provides regular updates.  The team won it's state semi-final game handily last weekend.  Let's go Saints!

You could feel folks taking a breath of fresh air Monday.  It was 20-degrees warmer than the day before.  After dropping to 10 Sunday morning, it was nice to get back to more fall-like weather.  

On the way home from work Monday, I was ready to capture a striking sunset near the corner of Lacey road and Seminole highway.  I pulled on the shoulder near a field of standing corn and quickly took a couple shots (above right).

Wednesday was quiet.  In the afternoon I had some time available to help distribute mail-order packages.  It was fun delivering and it saved time for my friend at the front desk.  I won't do it often but if the opportunity comes again, I'd do it. 

Thanksgiving morning, after a trip to the gym we made a Kwik Trip for breakfast then got things together before spending the day with family at their house.  It's a fitting way to count blessings and be around people we love.

Friday was quiet - after a trip to the gym, where there were more people than I've usually seen on the holidays, it was off to breakfast and a stop at a local thrift shop.  I don't know if thrift shops count in terms of "Black Friday," if they do, it was a small but serious crowd.  The couple in front of us had an over-flowing shopping basket.

Breakfast was at one of favorite go-to spots, the Prairie Cafe, where I enjoyed the Chocolate-Banana smoothie with a cup of oatmeal and buttered toast.  I may be one of the few to order this smoothie because one of the workers at the cafe always knows it's me with the request.  Maybe other people aren't trying it, because it is delicious.

We didn't engage in any high-stakes shopping.  My big job at home was bringing the boxes of Christmas decorations upstairs and putting up the tree.  Once done, I settled in to write future blog posts and enjoy Wisconsin Badger basketball.  

The Badgers are off to a great start, they took defending national champion Kansas to overtime Thursday and won two of three tournament games against schools who usually qualify for the tournament in March.  Go Bucky!

I hope you enjoyed your holiday, have a great week!

Comments