My Week that Was - October 29

An apple orchard and hills near Richland Ctr.
Happy Birthday to my sister!  It's her big day which gets bigger every year.  Congratulations on beginning another trip around the sun.  Love from your bigger and older brother! 

The week started with a trip to the Oakwood Fruit Farm.  Despite the name there is no known connection to the place where I work.  It's a spectacular orchard on a ridge near Richland Center.

Saturday the Wisconsin Badgers played their best game of the season against the visiting Purdue Boilermakers. The win was important but after their bye this weekend they need to build on it.

Sunday the Green Bay Packers looked lost and like they were trying too hard in a mistake-filled loss to the Washington Commanders. Four losses this early was unexpected.  The season isn't over by any means.  There are ten games left, the Packers will need to string wins together to reach the post-season.

Monday, I thought, was the last day of unseasonably warm weather.  We were in the upper 60s and the sun came out for most of the daylight hours.  I suspected we won't see 60-degree weather again until March.
 
Two-tone leaves on trees at Oakwood.
 Rain and strong winds over the weekend took a lot of autumn leaves down but there are still plenty to enjoy as the season moves quickly to peak color in south Wisconsin.

 Tuesday morning was my regular appointment with the dentist, everything was fine but getting to work later than usual disrupted my day.  I missed my usual routine during the first hour and never caught up.

 Wednesday I had three visits.  The first was a resident with two cats.  One cat paid no attention, the other, named Madison, was friendly.  She perched on the arm of my chair, every few minutes placed a paw either on my shoulder or arm.  It was cute.  No, I didn't pet her.

Autumn scene.
Thursday morning was my first time sharing a new presentation with a community group.  It's called "Best Pictures."  The program is built around some of my favorite photos from the past dozen years with photography advice and the stories behind many pictures.  It was my first time sharing this program and was well received.  I appreciate Lori's invitation to speak at the Monona Senior Center.

The end of October still feels like September with sunny days and temperatures in the 60s.  Forecasters expect the warmer than usual days will continue into the middle of next week, which throws my earlier prediction out of the water.  
 
At some point this warm spell will go away for a very long time, enjoy it while you can.   
 
Have a great week!
 
All photos by David Mossner.

Comments