My Week that Was - September 17

Sunrise, Saturday, September 10, 2022. dwm

 My week started with an early ride.  Rain was forecast for most of the weekend, so it seemed like a good idea to get moving.  
 
 As it turned out, the rain didn't start until evening, then it didn't stop until some time Monday.  Over two full days, we received somewhere between an inch-and-a-half and three inches.  That's a lot of rain and it has to go somewhere.

 One casualty of the rain was our church's picnic.  There was a meal served, but since all of that happened inside I'm not sure it qualifies.  It did service as a kick-off for the church's academic year as Sunday school and Bible studies get under way this Sunday.

After church we returned home as I looked forward to the first Packer game of the season at division rival Minnesota.  The Vikings scored first.  When Green Bay got the ball, Aaron Rodgers threw the ball deep to a rookie receiver who was wide-open.  Alas, it went right between his hands.  The Vikings won 23 - 7.  I'm expecting a better performance and different result when the Monsters of the Midway come to Lambeau tomorrow night.

St. Paul Lutheran from the parking lot. 9/13/22
Tuesday after work I drove to Janesville for a speaking engagement at my former church.  (You may have read about it in Thursday's blog.)
 
It was an easy drive going through the country but it did take longer than the straighter shot on Interstate 39 -90. On the drive I thought about the people I might see and worked on how I could re-introduce myself.
 
Four hours later I was back home thinking about a nice evening and memories of friendships rekindled and new acquaintances made.

Wednesday and Thursday I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to schedule appointments and checking in with donors I hadn't talked to in a while.  One silver lining in our office from Covid-19 was realizing the value of regular phone contact as a means to stay in touch.

Do you have someone you haven't talked with in a while?  This might be the perfect time to "reach out and touch some one."

Have a great week!

Comments