My Week that Was - September 10

This week has been one for the books.  Most of the weekend was spent getting rid of stuff.  Some went in the trash, most went to St. Vincent de Paul's thrift store in town.

It makes me wonder why we kept so much stuff in the first place.  I don't think we're the only ones with too much stuff.  Maybe you're like me and noticed all the self-storage units sprouting up like weeds!

My first day in a Prius C. 11/28/14
As I drove to the gym Saturday morning I noticed a warning light on the dashboard indicating low tire pressure.  It's not a warning light I see often.  After my workout I headed to Kwik Trip to use the free air and gauges.  The driver's side rear wheel was down to 15 pounds of pressure per square inch (psi).  A fully-inflated tire is usually 32.

I didn't have any issues Saturday after filling the tire but Sunday morning the same warning light appeared and I went back to Kwik Trip.  It happened a third time Monday morning, I knew something needed to be done.

Tuesday, after a fourth consecutive warning light and 20 psi, I took it to Smart Motors, the local Toyota dealership where I bought the Prius C in 2014.  
 
My description was mostly hopeful, suggesting it might be a puncture related leak that could be patched and repaired, hoping I didn't need new tires.  Yet.

Just one phone call came from the service desk, telling me my car was all set.  It was a puncture and other than the hole the tire was in good shape.  I escaped with a bill of just $25.

It was the penultimate rickshaw ride of the year at Oakwood Thursday afternoon.  It might have been the last ride of the year but that will depend on the weather the second Thursday of October.  It was the first ride for one resident who really enjoyed the experience.  Another new resident said he enjoyed his first experience.

Later Thursday the Milwaukee Brewers won the first game of a doubleheader against San Francisco.  It was a much needed victory for the slumping Crew who need to get on a winning streak to qualify for the post-season for the fifth time in a row. 

Crossing the finish line. 8/21/22
 You can see pictures from the finish line of the Ride Across Wisconsin.  Taken by Katherine Paige she captured almost everyone who crossed the official finish line.  The link to the photos was made available Wednesday.
 
 On my way to the finish I saw another rider heading the same direction but missed the turn on to the path that passed under the RAW banner.  When I saw the camera I waved with a mix of fatigue and happiness in going the distance and being done.

 There were a lot of pictures the photographer had to wade through before making them available, so a two-week turn around isn't bad at all for pictures that were shared with participants.  I'm happy to have it - thanks to the Wisconsin Bike Federation.

 It was a good and busy week - thankfully the chaos subsided by Friday - I'm looking for more of the same next week.  I hope your week is great!

Comments