Going Home Again

Before the show in Janesville. 9/13/22 dwm

 Tuesday evening I again shared our 'collection' of Great Lakes lighthouses and the half-dozen found on Lake Winnebago.  This time it was in Janesville for a group of members at the church where I grew up, St. Paul Lutheran.

 The person in charge is a family friend and was the coach of the C.Y.O. basketball team I played on during high school.  His wife was a secretary at the school and their kids were in the grades behind me.

 The group meets in the church's fellowship hall which doubles as the school's cafeteria.  On this night I set up my computer and after making several connections, the first slide was on the screen.

This was the first time I've talked about lighthouses we visited Minnesota's North Shore where we saw the magnificent Split Rock Lighthouse.  It was also my first public, in-person presentation since Covid started.

Dessert was served first. 9/13/22 dwm

Among the 20 - 30 people on hand were a lot of familiar faces.  My English teacher in 8th and 9th grades made the time to attend as did the retired pastor's wife who was a close friend of my mom.  

It was a moment of joy to see them all again.  I hope they enjoyed the program.  All said they did but I doubt anyone would have said otherwise.

Either way, it was wonderful going home re-connecting over dessert and sharing stories about lighthouse adventures.

Comments