Be-ing on the Bike

David Schlabowske RAW photo, I'm 3rd in line.
While riding last weekend there was a lot of things going on and nothing going on at the same time.

There is strong attention to the road in front of me, bikes around me, and changing conditions which can release the rest of my brain to relax, to be in the moment.

It's relaxing.  I'm not really thinking of anyone or anything, just conscious of where I am and what's around me.  In the morning, the back of the bike is a favorite place to pray as there are few distractions.

It feels different than most days and provides a sense of peace and calm.

Normal days my brain is buzzing with competing thoughts on one subject or another - it's counter-intuitive to think the way to rest mentally is with a rush of physical activity.

However, the first rule of 'be-ing" is that is difficult or impossible to describe the experience, like the line in the movie, "The first rule of Fight Club is there is you do not talk about Fight Club."

So I can't tell you how to "be on a bike" just that it's a wonderful feeling when you just "are."

Comments