My Week that Was - July 30

Just after sunrise. 7/23/2022 dwm photo
Saturday morning we went to Hollander's for breakfast.

It's a special spot with delicious items.  After an early ride I was hungry when we walked in, so I ordered a chocolate milk right off the bat to get refreshed and restore the protein and nutrients lost during the ride.

I ordered the Cinnamon Streusel French Toast made with Challah bread, maple brown sugar butter, and cinnamon streusel.  It was decadent and delicious!  If there is a Hollander Cafe near you, I encourage you to try it.  Beware - it's not for the light eater!

After breakfast we stopped by the store to pick up supplies for an upcoming trip.  It will be going on my first flight in several years and first post-Covid.  It is also the first-time I plan to use just a carry-on bag.

Yes, I know I'm way behind the times on this.  Nearly 20 years ago I picked up a missionary from Vietnam at Austin Straubel International Airport in Green Bay.  I had a normal size suitcase packed for our two day trip across the state.  He walked off the plane with a bag over his shoulder, I was impressed and amazed at how little he needed.

In that spirit, that's what I'm going for on this upcoming journey.  I'll still fly with more baggage than my missionary friend but moving in the right direction.  The trip to the store was to purchase appropriately sized tubes of shaving cream, toothpaste, and contact lens solution so I don't run afoul of T.S.A. requirements.

We had our second donor dinner Monday evening.  It went very well.  Just over 40 people attended.  The food was excellent and the dessert was next level in terms of decadence.  The goal with evenings like this is to say thanks for their support and remind them how their gifts make a difference.

The weather took a welcome turn cooler and less humid this week.  It won't last but it sure feels good.

The rest of the short week was filled with phone calls, paperwork, and a couple of visits.  It was a good week - I wonder what the next one will be like.

Have a good one!

Comments